Friday, October 31, 2008

Touring Florence Via Segway


If you are looking for a unique way to see Florence, try a segway tour. After 15 minutes of training you are motoring around the city as Roberto tells you about the sites of Florence. For me, the segway was a challenge. As we moved through the streets, my concentration was on the segway, not the scenery. As for Kenny, he loved it.

One of our stops was at the Wild Boar Market. The story goes that if you place a coin in the boar's mouth and it falls through the grate on the first try, you will return to Florence within the year. If the the coin falls into the grate on your second attempt, you will return to Florence in one year. Looks like Kenny and I will be back in Florence soon because we both were successful on our first attempt!

Thanks Roberto for showing us your city!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't get run over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I did have a couple of moments -- almost hitting a parked car and wanting to run over the man that thought he was being cute by jumping out at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own property in Italy, yet, so you better stay out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete