Saturday, November 1, 2008

il Pizzaiuolo

It is Saturday night and the streets of Florence are crowded with locals looking for a place to eat. A block from our apartment we find an osteria with a pizza oven and an interesting menu. Il Pizzaiuolo at Via de' Macci 113/r is known for its Neapolitan-style pizza. The pizza was delicious. The fresh mozzarella is complimented with proscuitto, tomatoes, olives and basil and has a wonderful smoked flavor. Now we know where to eat good Italian pizza in Florence!

5 comments:

  1. Please pack me up some wines, you choose, and a few pizzas to go - airmail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been a pizza maker, but I am inspired to try my hand at it. This could be our new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan and Kenny...

    Hi! I wasn't expecting you to update your blog until you got back home! Your entries have truly been enjoyed by me this Sunday morning! Sounds like you are having a marvelous time. I will be more than happy to be your guinea pig on the pizza once you get home. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bobbi. I will let you know when I get ready to try the pizza.

    ReplyDelete