Saturday, May 1, 2010

Guacamole with a Twist


In a search for an appetizer for Bunco, this one caught my eye. I already had many of the ingredients on hand and it was such an interesting twist on the traditional guacamole that I had to try it. One thing I really liked was the fact that it used oregano and parsley in place of cilantro. I know I should give credit for the source, but I don't remember where I found it! I did make a few changes to the original recipe, substituting Vidalia onions for the red onion and adding fresh lime juice. It was a hit and will be one of my "go to" recipes in the future.
Guacamole with Feta
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 avocadoes, diced
1/2 cup Vidalia onions, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Juice of one lime
4 ounces feta cheese
Combine all ingredients and serve with taco chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment