Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chocoflan

I admit, I am not a baker. Kenny will be the first to tell you that if flour is involved, there is more on me than in the cake! But Chocoflan is truly one of those easy, delicious recipes that I will make again.

When I decided to give it a try I had to borrow a bundt pan from Dale. But since then I bought Williams-Sonoma's Anniversary Bundt and it works great. The handles on the pan make it easy to remove from the hot water after baking. I also had to substitute caramel sauce for the cajeta.This is a fun cake to make and bake. Caramel sauce in poured into the buttered pan, followed by a chocolate cake batter and topped with a flan mixture. While baking the flan sinks and the chocolate cake rises.

Next time you need a dessert to impress guests, bake a Chocoflan!

9 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Can you post the recipe ?




    http://mikaylainthespotlight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link for the recipe is in the first paragraph. I have included the substitutions I made. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, really surprising and interesting blog.
    You can visit my also and follow/subscribe if you want :)

    http://bianchii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Nice blog
    I just love to come here again and again .
    Tou got a +1 follower now .
    Have a great time .

    Indian Restaurant Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks interesting and beautiful. It tastes very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Looks complicated but you say it's easy so why not give it a try. :)


    Sole the Sock,
    http://helpsolefindmate.blogspot.com/
    helpsolefindmate.com

    ReplyDelete