Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Broccoli Slaw

My friend, Susan, shared this recipe with me many years ago and it has become a family favorite. This simple slaw packs a lot of flavor and adds a crunch to any meal. It is simple and can be partially made ahead. For Melissa and Trey's party, Nan added craisins to "kick it up a notch"!

Broccoli Slaw

1 package broccoli slaw
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2 packages Ramen noodles, crushed

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Toss together almonds and noodles (without the seasoning pack) and bake for 10 - 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.

Toss broccoli slaw and onions in dressing and refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours. Stir in toasted almonds and noodles and serve immediately. Yield: 6 - 8 servings.

Dressing
6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Pour ingredients into a jar and shake to blend.

6 comments:

  1. I am not a slaw fan but this might just change my mind - this is good lookin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. doggybloggy - try it, your like it!

    Bargainista - thanks for visiting and adding my blog to your blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,

    Your friend, Nancy gave me your blog address and here I am! Thank you very much for the referral. She is super nice.

    Love your recipes and especially glad to get the tomato plant one as I lost one I had that was similar.

    Hope your dogs are doing good. Mary Alice (6)is still around and would love to see her old favorite playmate!

    Anne Hudson
    funpups@bellsouth.net
    www.funpups.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, good to hear from you. Libby and Lucy are doing great and loving life. Glad you can use the tomato recipe, it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm especially interested in the Iatlian recipes. I was there way back in 96 and loved the food there. I got away from cooking for a few years but started again last year. Am enjoying it again so much as am the gardening. Life is too full to only *do dogs!*

    You have some really nice tomato recipes here, Susan.

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all love our dogs, but they don't put food on the table! Kenny has planted 74 tomato plants so I'm sure there will be lots of tomato recipes this summer.

    ReplyDelete